This has been a staple at my house growing up for forever. I initially thought
it was kinda strange putting honey on a grilled cheese sandwich, but it adds a
ton of flavor. This is definitely one of my favorite sandwiches.
- 1 slice havarti cheese
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice danish fontina cheese
- 1/2 tbsp butter, softened (for best results, use high-quality butter)
- Honey from a bear squeeze bottle
- 1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices bread (organic multigrain bread works best)
- Sauté pan large enough for 2 slices of bread
Set oven to broil. Butter bread on one side with melted butter.
Place in pan, butter side down, over medium-low heat.
Place mozzarella on one half of the bread and fontina and havarti on the other.
Cook until golden on bottom and cheese begins to melt.
Place tomato on mozzarella side and honey on fontina/havarti side.
Place under broiler for a few minutes to heat up tomato.
Sprinkle basil and assemble sandwich.
[Café Muse’s Grilled Cheese Sandwich](https://medium.com/caleb-jasiks-recipe-book/cafe-muses-grilled-cheese-sandwich-3a48692d4d95?source=userActivityShare-35f7f8f56ab-1528242570)