I kinda want to keep track of fonts that I think are cool, so I think I'll keep track of them in a list here.
- https://fontwerk.com/en/fonts/nikolai – this is the energy I want for this website I think… something like Georgia but a lil spicy.
Algebra is a little more geometric, no?This is the font that I saw at https://typographica.org/typeface-reviews/algebra/ and I keep forgetting that font websites don't usually set the title of their reviews in the font they are reviewing. I'm used to years of staring at Google Docs and Google Fonts listings where the font name is set in the font, which is honestly unfair to many fonts with interesting short names.
- https://typographica.org/typeface-reviews/roslindale-variable-italic/ – Roslindale seems pretty shmool
- https://franziskaweitgruber.com/de/veronese-revival – oomf this is related to Nikolai font? It's amazing!
- https://www.colophon-foundry.org/typefaces/columba/ - Columbia is pretty nice - there's a banner, text, and ruby variant for display, text, and small sizes.
- Fraunces is fun :D - It has a
- Century Supra is a reimagination of Century Schoolbook by Mathew Butterick. I'm mildly tempted to make use of it for Bowl of TARDIS?
- I think that Chronicle might be the one for me to use for my website, since it very much has a similar energy to Georgia, very much newspaper-esque, while having a little more unique character.
- Addington is quite nice and honestly a great alternative to Georgia to my untrained eye.
- Mackinac is used on the fly.io blog for headings, I'm a fan! Looks like it's popular for dictionary / bible font?
- Tiempos is used for Watchhouse Cafe, it's nice, inspired by Times New Roman for one.
- Etna is a classic American newspaper type used for gawker.com.
Font books I might read someday: https://medium.design/whitespace-8b92273ab49e
- Magyar Nemzet is an interesting super compressed display font that is inspired as a newspaper display font.
- Nepsza Badsag is also quite interesting as a serif display font from the same site (Fonts for Freedom).
- Guendem is another FFF display font that really vibes with
- Source Serif seems like a great option for an alternative to Georgia for me that's free and opensource
Font Choice for https://jasik.xyz
I really like the combo of Addington and Input Serif -- you can check the demo out at https://addington--jasik-xyz.netlify.app, though you won't see much since It's loading the local fonts I have on my laptop. If you download the demo of Addington and the private (free) version of Input Serif, you're golden.